Adderall addiction can be challenging to overcome and overwhelming. The best way to get through it is by attending an Adderall rehab treatment program. However, for most people, the cost of getting help can be too high. Fortunately, insurance can help to cover some or all of your rehab costs depending on various factors.
Even though you may not be sure of how to pay for a rehab treatment program, there are several ways to get help when it comes to payment. Most insurance companies provide healthcare benefits covering substance abuse and mental health treatment so people can get the help they need for recovery. Rehab treatment centers can also offer alternative payment options to help you get the necessary support.
Types of addiction treatment covered by insurance
Addiction treatment used to be considered a luxury expense for those who could afford it. However, since the Affordable Care Act (ACA) was passed, more people can now access health insurance. This act also includes Essential Health Benefits (EHBs), which cover substance use disorder and mental health treatment services. Addiction treatment is covered under most insurance plans for substances such as Adderall, alcohol, cocaine, opioids, etc.
The types of addiction treatment covered by most insurance plans typically include:
- Medical detox (both outpatient and inpatient): This process of Adderall rehab involves getting rid of the drug from the user’s system before beginning the treatment program.
- Outpatient care is a treatment model that allows recovering users to engage in various rehabilitation services and programs without staying in the facility. This option is ideal for individuals who want to keep going to school or working while getting care and support in recovery.
- Residential or inpatient care: This program allows the person to receive rehab treatment while staying in a residential-type treatment facility or a hospital. It may include support groups, therapy, detox, and other facilities.
- Treatment for co-occurring mental health conditions or dual diagnosis: This involves any mental health conditions the individual could have aside from an Adderall addiction. Such conditions may include anxiety disorders or depression.
- Follow-up counseling: There is an option to talk to a counselor after completing Adderall treatment to help you continue your journey of sobriety and recovery.
- Treatment and maintenance medication: Sometimes, medications can be used during rehab to help you manage certain symptoms or the addiction itself. These drugs help users ease their drug cravings and are usually effective in preventing relapse in recovering users. Medications used during rehab treatment can support individuals in recovery as they go to school, work, or continue with other forms of treatment.
After choosing a treatment facility and getting an assessment to determine the level of care you’ll need, a doctor will develop a personalized treatment plan to suit your exact needs. It is advisable to check with your specific insurance provider and the facility to find out what treatments they can cover for Adderall rehab. The coverage may vary based on certain factors such as:
- Whether you have a preferred provider organization (PPO) or health maintenance organization (HMO) plan
- Out-of-network vs. in-network facilities
- Partnerships between the treatment facility and the insurer
- Geographic location
HMO vs. PPO Plans
A health maintenance organization plan usually restricts coverage to certain providers contracted with the HMO. Some HMOs might require that you work or live within your service area to qualify for healthcare coverage or that you have a referral from your main care provider. Anyone with an HMO considering getting Adderall rehab treatment should check with their insurance provider to see what services they cover in your area.
A preferred provider organization usually includes a network of providers you can select from whose services will be cheaper if you use providers in the same network. It also allows you to go to a healthcare provider like a hospital or a doctor without having a referral. Anyone with a PPO who is considering Adderall rehab should check with their insurance provider to see the type of addiction treatment coverage they have.
Insurance Coverage for Rehab
Most individual and small group health insurance plans are required to cover mental health and substance use disorder treatment. The Medicaid Alternative Benefit Plan should also cover mental health and substance abuse services. The coverage for these treatment services cannot be more restrictive than that of medical or surgical treatment. This means that mental health and addiction should be treated similarly to other medical conditions.
The cost and amount of coverage for Adderall Rehab will differ from one insurance provider to another. It will also depend on the duration of stay and treatment at the rehab facility. Additionally, the costs and coverage can depend on the individual’s level of care. The required level of care required by the individual will be evaluated by a medical professional before they start treatment. This ensures they get the right care for their mental health and/or substance use disorder. The levels of care provided are based on the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Continuum of Care, and they include:
- Medically managed intensive inpatient treatment
- Inpatient / residential treatment
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Outpatient treatment
Depending on the type of treatment you want for Adderall rehab, whether it is detox, outpatient, or holistic, you need to find out whether your insurance provider covers it. You can contact your provider directly or verify with the treatment facility. The type of coverage provided may be different between each person’s plan and the specific insurer.